- Take a break; whether it be just taking a deep breath or taking five minutes out of the day to reflect. It’s important to take some time to yourself each and everyday otherwise you’ll find yourself getting overwhelmed.
- Dedicate some time before you go to bed to wash your face and pamper yourself a little bit. Think of it as washing off all of the bad stuff that happened throughout the day, figuratively and literally. It gives you a fresh new palette for the next day.
- Get some exercise. Seriously, you’d be surprised how much a simple walk outside can do for you.
- Eat healthy. This is the one I always struggle with no matter how hard I try. I find that the days I do eat relatively healthy I feel so much better about myself. Personal tip: try a smoothie! Great way to get a bunch of fruits and vegetables in one.
- Drink lots of water! I know this sounds very simple and you wouldn’t expect it to do much but trust me, it does wonders. I always feel so much more energized when I’m hydrated.
- Get yourself a journal. Try to write something everyday. I always try to write one positive thing in my journal right before I go to bed. I tend to see that I go to bed much happier and get a much better night’s sleep. Also, if I’m ever having a bad day, I’ll go back and look through past entries and it always cheers me up.
- Find a good book, one that you can’t seem to get yourself to put down. Instead of watching Netflix or TV, pick up a book. Especially at night, I find it so relaxing.
- Go through your closet and clear out all the clothes you don’t wear or have grown out of. Donate the pieces of clothing that are still in good condition and throw out the ones that have gotten torn and worn throughout the years. I know this can be a difficult task, I, myself, am guilty of hoarding plenty of clothes but I found that when I cleared them all out I felt like a brand new person.
- Make a go to music playlist. One that makes you happy, so whatever emotion you are feeling, it makes you wanna just get up and dance.
- Lastly, surround yourself with positive people. When you’re having a tough day or when you’re having the best day ever, having positive people just make them better. As Oprah Winfrey says, surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher.
Hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed that cider doughnut 🙂
Sincerely, Meggy xoxo